Sunday 28 April 2013

Designer Brunch - The Green Gables

Morning! I hope you are all having a fab weekend, even if it's raining.  I had planned to get outside and do some gardening this weekend but unfortunately the weather has other ideas!  It has been a busy week for me, especially as my husband managed to break two bones in his foot.  So I have been looking forward to a restful Sunday morning, with the papers and catching up with my favourite blogs.  This morning I am delighted to welcome Gabrielle of The Green Gables as my guest here on the blog for Designer Brunch.

Giftwrap from The Green Gables

Working from the beautiful Surrey countryside, Gabrielle left behind her daily to commute nearly two years ago to concentrate full time on The Green Gables. Having started by making plantable wildflower paper bunting Gabrielle quickly added stationery designs to her eco friendly business.   Her illustrations are often seen in magazines and her collections of notebooks, tapes,wrapping paper, greetings cards and bunting are reguarly being added to.  Earlier this year saw Gabrielle launch a fabulous new service for stationery lovers around the world.  The Eco Stationery Club is the perfect gift for anybody with a stationery addiction.  Every month they will receive a box of goodies from The Green Gables website, beautifully packaged to make one day a month a happy post day.  

I first discovered Gabrielle's designs when I wrote regularly about weddings and parties and have since become friends on twitter and met in 'real-life', which is always fab when you get on so well with somebody you have met on twitter.  So please give a warm welcome to Gabrielle and find out more about her Sunday mornings.


Best drink to start the day 
Always tea! As both my husband and I work at home we start every day with a cup of tea in bed and the dog hops up to join us too.

Croissants or full English 
I do love croissants but rarely have them, not sure why! Weekdays I usually go for unexciting cereal but at the weekends I love a sausage (veggie) sandwich after a long dog walk.

Sunday paper or favourite magazines
I combine the two by reading the magazines that come with the Sunday papers! Before I started my business I worked on a youth newspaper so became skilled at skim reading newspapers at high speed and as a result the enjoyment has disappeared a little. I'm addicted to magazines (I only worked on children and teen magazines in my past life so grown-up magazines haven't been tainted for me!), I could merrily clear a newsagent of all their interiors and food titles just to pore over for hours, if I had the spare cash to do so!

Seaside Writing Set from The Green Gables

Favourite blogs 
There are so many but a few I really enjoy are brightbazaarblog.comtravelingmama.netdecor8blog.com,abeautifulmess.comprintpattern.blogspot.co.uk I could go on

3 songs for Sunday brunch 
This is a tricky one! I'll go for Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae, Photography by Jamie Cullum and Overjoyed by Stevie Wonder.

Favourite local shop or market for weekend shopping 
The Cornerhouse in my local town, Dorking, is a beautiful interiors shop, everything, and I do mean everything, in there is absolutely gorgeous and hand picked by the lovely owners Clare and Clara. If you're ever in the area be sure to visit! thecornerhouse.eu

To view more of the designs available from The Green Gables please visit -


Thank you Gabrielle for joining me for Designer Brunch, I hope you are having a lovely Sunday.  There are three of my top music choices here and several of my favourite blogs too.  

Wishing you all a very happy Sunday,
Zoe
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts about topics and ideas in my posts, so thank you for taking the time to write a reply.